[WriteLog] WL & IC-706 setup for Field Day

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Sat Jun 20 21:50:19 PDT 2009

Gary,

To get this information into the archives (again), another way
to support unsupported Icom transceivers is to use the override
function in the [RIGS] part of writelog.ini.

 > The following entries override WriteLog's default setting
 > for the Icom rig address for the various Icom rigs.  All
 > rigs that have Icom rig addresses have corresponding entries
 > in WriteLog.ini here under the name that matches the name
 > in the Setup Ports dialog including space characters!
 >
 > Icom IC-781=0x33
 > Icom IC-756PRO=0x12

For example, since the IC-706mkIIg is not supported directly
one could add the following entry:

Icom IC-706=0x58

and then select IC-706 as the transceiver in Writelog.  This
avoids the need to change the IC-706mkIIg default address.

Similarly, the IC-756Pro3 can be overridden for use with the
IC-7600 until specific support for the 7600 is added.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV