[WriteLog] WL & IC-706 setup for Field Day

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Mon Jun 22 14:03:57 PDT 2009

Gary,

I have absolutely no problem with an Icom IC-706mkIIg and WL 10.71C.

The 706 Mark II g is using the default CI-V address of 56h.  I have
set CI-V Baud (item 35) to 19.200 (personal preference - do not
use "Auto").

The [RIGS] section of Writelog.ini contains:

[RIGS]
Com4:=19200,n,8,2
Icom IC-706=0x58

In writeLog "Setup | Ports" I have

COM4:  CW  Icom IC-706 19200 Poll (X) No.
DVK:    Windows Soundboard
Keyer:  PC Generates
All Mode PTT on CW Port RTS (Checked)

It's about as simple as that ...