[WriteLog] Writelog + Netbooks

Gary AL9A al9a at mtaonline.net
Sat Mar 28 23:57:55 PDT 2009

I second Mike's opinion on the ASUS 1000HE.  I gave one to myself for my
birthday last Jan.  Also upgraded the RAM to 2 gig as soon as it arrived.
Great little machine - I love it!  Due to the small size there is no CD
drive.  You either have to add on an external drive, network it to another
PC you have and use the CD drive on that one for software installs, or
download software from the internet via Ethernet or the built in Wireless.
I've done both of the last two methods with no problems.  Battery life is
terrific on the little bugger.  To tell you the truth I hadn't even thought
about the 12V power issue until reading John's original email.  Now I find
out it's already there - what a bonus!  Hope to be on the air with it by
Field Day.  Good luck.

73,
Gary AL9A