[WriteLog] New PC and the CQWW RTTY Contest

JE Brown W4LC at fuse.net
Thu Oct 1 07:04:12 PDT 2009

Greetings Group,

I got a new desktop for the shack recently (Dell Inspirion 537) running XP
Pro.  I am using USB to Serial cord adapters to provide COM ports for the
radio and KAM+ interfaces.

I am using the newest edition of Writelog contesting software.

During the CQWWRTTY last weekend, I noticed that the echo-back print in the
RTTY window (blue in color, this is what you are transmitting) was skipping
a few 1characters and/or spaces.  However, the correct text is actually
being sent, since I also run MMTTY (receive only) on a laptop, and it's
echo-back print is correct.

This problem did not ocurr with my old setup, running WIN2000 and an older
desktop with serial ports.

Suggestions?

Thanks                     Jim    W4LC