[WriteLog] Single Channel USB / Serial Converter for RTTY?

Rick Karlquist richard at karlquist.com
Mon Oct 12 12:52:58 PDT 2009

James M. Galm, W8WTS wrote:
> I've tested several of the USB serial ports (Belkin, BlackBox, etc.)  Most
> work for some applications, but not all applications.
>
> The only one I've found that works perfectly for *all* apps is Keyspan

Specifically, which apps have you tested?  60 WPM FSK RTTY?  CW keying
using handshake lines (DTR)?

Did you have any trouble getting the driver to work?  Some of these
adapters come with eleventeen drivers for a list of 101 models, none
of which is exactly the part number of what you bought, or it is not
clear which OS they are for.

What COM port numbers are possible?

Rick N6RK