[WriteLog] CW reader in v10.73D

Edward Taylor Phinehas at columbus.rr.com
Fri Sep 18 16:20:58 PDT 2009

A couple days ago I installed the latest version of WriteLog - my first experience with the program.  I operate cw almost exclusively and have only recently gotten into contesting.

v10.73D has a CW reader with a display window.  When the display window is open, six streams of cw copy (or garbage if no signals are present) come streaming leftward out of the display window.  There is one feature (among many) I haven't figured out.  With the mouse I bring the cursor up to a line of good text that is streaming out of the cw display window.  This causes the cursor to morph into a tiny rectangle with a + sign to the left and slightly above it. I have combed the WriteLog manual and have not been able to discover the purpose of that little rectangle.  Can anyone help with this?

This afternoon I tested the CW decoding capability of the CW reader by copying ARRL code practice at 35 wpm and it works great.

73,
Ed WB8TSD