[WriteLog] Rittyrite PSK

Bob, WB2COY wb2coy at hvc.rr.com
Fri Aug 20 08:22:50 PDT 2010

[Re-sent - think my mail program may have caused a problem]

Hi Gary,

Sorry that wasn't the total solution for you. I know that the 'LSB is Really FSK' thing has bitten me
a few times and has caused me confusion as to why the macros were not being sent out. As for
LSB versus USB, I have read that it really doesn't matter which sideband you use for PSK operation,
so I set my ICOM 756 ProIII to LSB or LSB-D, and everything works OK. Unfortunately, I don't have
the same setup as you as far as the interface is concerned. I am using a US Interface Navigator.
It's internal sound card generates the audio tones needed by the program that are sent to the
transceiver, as long as I have 'Sound board AFSK' set on, as you do, and I have the 'RF OUT'
on the navigator set to a level that keeps the ALC low. RF OUT on the navigator is really just a
volume output setting for the built-in sound card.  It sounds to me like the audio tones are not getting
to the transceiver from the interface. Does the MKII have it's own monitor function, to verify that the
tones are being generated? I verified that my setup works OK with 10.78K, so I think you can eliminate
that as the problem. Good Luck tracking it down!

Bob, WB2COY