[WriteLog] Insert Key

DickT-W0RAA dickt at w0raa.com
Sun Aug 29 13:07:21 PDT 2010

Thanks for the reply, Gary.  BTW, I usually work you in a contest but no AK
stations heard this one.  Oh, tell Sarah Palin I said hello since you're in
Wasilla, AK.  Hi Hi!

Also, thanks to Jay, WS7I for his help.  I may get this figured out
eventually.  Hi Hi

I just hit the Insert key when I see the highlighted call in the RTTYrite
Receive window.  It moves the call to the Data Input Window and promptly
send the contents of my F10 Key, which I have as my key to hit when I want
to use "And now..." when I see 2 calls and finish one then pick up the
other.  For this particular contest the F10 macro is "%R%P1 TU NOW %C 599
1963 1963 de W0RAA%E" (without the quotes, of course).  Once I have the info
from the station I hit my F3 Key and send "%R %C TU GL DE w0raa CQ%L%O%E".
So basically my sequence if I am in Run mode is F2 for CQ, F3 for my report
to the station calling and F4 to QSL, log him and Zero my RIT if I had to
use it.

I'm a little confused why the F10 key is chosen to send a report.  I know
I'm doing something wrong.  People on here say click on the call in the
RTTYrite receive window, the hit the Insert.  I thought the Insert was
primarily used to "Grab" a call and move it to the Data Input window without
having to click on the call.  Maybe my confusion, since I assumed (I guess
incorrectly) that after the call was in the Data Entry window, hitting the
Insert would move the cursor to the next field.  Why?  If I click on AL9A,
it goes to the Data Entry window, and when you send a report, I click on
what you send and it goes to the proper field.  Why do we need an Insert
Key?  It seems to be confusing things, at least for me.

Appreciate the help from you and others.  (See your e-mail below and an
e-mail from WS7I)

73,

Dick - W0RAA
CU in the Colorado QSO Party