[WriteLog] Rittyrite PSK

Gary AL9A al9a at mtaonline.net
Mon Aug 30 23:21:04 PDT 2010

Just a follow up to my problems trying to get Rittyrite PSK to work with my
IC-7600 and microHAM microKEYER II -

After several rounds of suggestions and tests with Jozef at microHAM support
we finally identified the problem and a fix.  The problem was with polling
between my PW-1 amplifier and MK II which were connected in parallel on the
same CI-V bus.  Both devices were connected to the Remote jack on the back
of the IC-7600 via a splitter.  This configuration has worked for months
without a glitch for SSB, CW and RTTY.  However, for some reason there is a
conflict in the polling between the PW-1 and the MK II when shifting the
radio to one of the data modes, LSB-D1 or USB-D1, for PSK.

Jozef felt there might be some data collisions involved and I verified this
by disconnecting the PW-1 from the CI-V bus.  As soon as I did this and put
the radio into LSB-D1 the MK II instantly recognized the data mode and began
sending the PSK warble tones from WriteLog.  The solution was to move the
PW-1 CI-V cable from the radio Remote jack to the CI-V jack on the MK II and
change the CI-V port setting in Router from None to TX frequency.  I just
wanted to report the problem is now resolved and it was not associated with
a problem in WriteLog.

I also want to express my thanks and appreciation to both Joe W4TV and Jozef
OM7ZZ for their patience and advice in helping me work through this
frustrating problem.  Once again the support provided by the folks at
microHAM is simply world class.  Thank you gentlemen!

73,
Gary AL9A