[WriteLog] Still not able to select LPT1 for CW

Dave Hachadorian k6ll at arrl.net
Sat Dec 4 18:10:16 PST 2010

Hi Hector,

Did you do all the following steps? (from the WL archives, 2006)

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ

> Even after a successful installation of directio, all the
> LPT port check boxes are still greyed out in the WL
> configuration dialogue. What might be wrong?

Try K2QMF's procedure:
1 - Open the Direct I/O control panel.
2 - In the I/O Ports Tab enter the BEGIN and END address.
      For LPT1 it is  378  and  37A.
3 - Click ADD button ( This is the step they left out)..
4 - Go to the SECURITY Tab
5 - Click BROWSE button and locate writelog directory.
6 - From there locate writelog\Programs\WriteL32.exe and
click OPEN
7 - Click ADD.
8 - Close Control Panel...

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL