[WriteLog] Setting number of Search and Pounce memories

Ray Day rayday at cox.net
Wed Feb 17 07:08:48 PST 2010

Hi all,

Ray, N6HE, here (originator of the thread) . . .

Thanks to all that have responded, through the reflector list and privately!

First, I have expanded the number of S&P memories to 4....a relatively
minor increase, but 4, in practice, is waaaaaay better than 3.

Second, as someone mentioned, I learned from Don, VE3XD, that I could add a
station/freq to the bandmap (it shows up light blue). At low power, spots
don't help a lot since now "everybody" knows about it - competitively, I'm
down the list.  So that's a BIG help and will work perfectly since
operating as SOAB LP typically (no spots), I never used the band map much
before. I always wondered what "add statioin to band map" was useful
for....now I know.

Thanks again to all, especially VE3XD.

73,
Ray N6HE