[WriteLog] N4IG install problem with ver-10.75N

Dave Mayor n4ig at tampabay.rr.com
Wed Feb 24 13:42:41 PST 2010

Hi all;

I was running writelog 10.65, MMTTY standalone, and DX4WIN on my windows 98 computer and all of them talked to my IC-756PRO2. I then installed 10.75N and was having all sorts of strange things with writelog. Everything else still worked fine. I had a lot of writelog file and temp files and I decided to deinstall writelog. After the deinstall there were still a lot of writelog modules on the system. I deleted all the stray files I could find including  writelog.ini and wlogkey.ini. I then reinstalled ver-10.75N and was able to configure writelog to key cw and rtty without any problems. The problem is writelog doesn't talk to the PRO2. The config in writelog is the same as the other programs that work. Writelog knows the rig is there because when I tune PRO2 frequency the radio button shows khz:LSB. The Pro2 is in CW mode. When I stop tuning the display goes back to "no rig". The baud rate is 9600 and com2 is defined as 8 bits with 2 stop bits. I could use some suggestions as I have exhausted my bag of tricks.

Thanks Dave N4IG