[WriteLog] Lost Logs

Mike Mullen mimullen at hbci.com
Mon Jan 4 05:02:59 PST 2010

I made a mistake setting up Write Log for the ARRL rtty contest this past
weekend.  I made a folder on the hard drive to hold the logs from Write Log
but did not tell Write Log to save the files as.  I worked the contest here
and there.  Each time I would hit the save icon, close Write Lot and when I
would come back to the contest and load Write Log again the window would
give me the choice of loading a previous contest, I would click on that and
the log was there.  I finished the contest and closed Write Log.  I came
back and loaded Write Log and was going to do the Cabrillo file.  I printed
out a screen shot showing the band summary and brought up the window that
shows the times on and off.  I then was going to close Write log.  It asked
if I wanted to save the changes and I hit yes.  Once I did that the problem
stared.  The next time I loaded Write Log it asked if I wanted to bring up a
previous contest, the rtty contest I had operated was listed.  When I
clicked on that contest it said it could not find the file.  I checked what
I could think of and did not find the file.  I loaded Write log again and
brought up a different contest.  After doing that when I would load Write
Log there was no previous contest listed in the window where you can select
a contest.

I did searches on the hard drive for all the filenames I could think of that
Write Log would use to save the log and found nothing.  I went to the Write
Log manual and from what I can tell Write Log saves the log in a jou file.
That file does not exist in the Write Log folder.

Have I completely lost the logs for the rtty contest?

Thanks in advance for any help. Just a few days ago my son installed Windows
7 on the computer.

73, Mike N0BUI  mimullen at hbci.com