[WriteLog] Writelog and plug-in MMTTY - and EXTFSK?

Ray Day rayday at cox.net
Wed Jan 27 22:01:53 PST 2010

Hi all,

Ray N6HE here, transitioning from ASFK to pure FSK.  Rig, FYI, is an Omni
VII, computer a laptop (no hard serial ports).

I have a USB-Serial Port driven standalone MMTTY (with EXTFSK) up and
running fine on pure FSK.

Now to get Writelog with the MMTTY plug-in running from the same USB-Serial
port...

I have no rig or CW ports set up under Writelog's SETUP/PORTS (I'm not
using CW or rig control here) and I have MMTTY selected under the Rttyrite
TU Type and COM5 selected for the Rttyrite COM port; it's the same COM5
USB-serial port I use when I drive the standalone MMTTY (with EXTFSK
installed).

I have, on the MMTTY screen running under Writelog, under the MISC tab,
TxPort = COM-TxD and the "USB Port" box set to "limiting speed."

So the question is, do I need to somehow install EXTFSK with Writelog's
MMTTY plug-in, also? The plug-in MMTTY just runs and installs...with the
resulting version of MMTTY running under Writelog not having the usual
MMTTY (with EXTFSK) method of selecting the COM port as "EXTFSK," then a
little pop-up window allowing the selection of what (DTR/RTS/TxD) drives
PTT and FSK signal out.  So I don't see how Writelog/MMTTY chooses what
function (DTR/RTS/TxD) goes to what pins on the DB9 (serial port out to
rig). I am using a W3YY Interface unit that works great with the standalone
MMTTY/EXTFSK.

I now, with settings as described above, get a solid tone (no shifting)
when trying to transmit FSK RTTY.

Any help?

Thanks as always,
Ray N6HE