[WriteLog] Writelog and plug-in MMTTY - and EXTFSK?

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Wed Jan 27 23:25:18 PST 2010

Ray,

You can not use EXTFSK with the MMTTY plug-in in Writelog.

Instead of using EXTFSK, select the port you would use for
EXTFSK in the Port menu of the RTTYrite (RTTY) Window and
enable either "Software generated FSk TxD" or "Software
generated FSK DTR"  depending on the pin you connect the
FSK line of the W3YY interface.  I believe W3YY normally
uses TxD but EXTFSK can be used either way.

If you configure the MMTTY TU (TNC Setup) to display the
MMTTY "control panel" the TX button will not function
correctly but you should not need it as the TX/RX control
will be performed from WriteLog's logging/entry areas -
generally using the F-key memories or the Alt-K keyboard
window.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV