[WriteLog] Important Information on Installing Party 3rd modules with Ver 10.77

W. Wright, W5XD w5xd at writelog.com
Wed Jul 7 12:53:21 PDT 2010

>I think, that my modules now compatible with WriteLog version 10.77.

>Yesterday I've rewritten the installer source code, the modules are the
> ... http://www.dc3hb.nt/downloads/writelog
All,
I highly recommend that before you install using the new installer,
that you uninstall the old modules. Why?....
>From the Microsoft Installer's point of view, the old modules installed
as a completely different package as the new one. The fact that they
share some of the very same files installed in the same place on the disk
is a point of possible confusion. I am actually not certain what happens
if you install both of them at the same time, nor do I know what will
happen if in that state you then uninstall one or the other. I recommend
you not find out. I also suspect that if you do the experiment on, say,
Win98, you might get a different answer than on Win7. So, again, please
uninstall the old module set (Use Control Panel, Add/Remove) before
installing
the new ones.

>Please test the installation of the modules without the Legacy

>Installer.

This is the correct recommendation. Any newly-written installer for
WriteLog plug-in's needs to NOT use the Legacy Installer.
Wayne