[WriteLog] writelog.ini on Windows 7/64

W. Wright, W5XD w5xd at writelog.com
Sat Jul 10 15:28:02 PDT 2010

> I just installed Full V10.77 on a new Windows 7/64-bit computer.  I can't
> find the customizable writelog.ini file in C:\Users\Jim
> N7US\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Writelog.  Is that
where
> it's supposed to be?
>
> Can I copy my old writelog.ini from the previous PC and V10.73 into
whatever
> folder it's supposed to be in?
>
> Jim N7US

You must first run WriteLog as the user you want (N7US in your case) and
do "something" that causes it to write into writelog.ini. At that point
the OS will create your VirtualStore version and that is the one
that you want to edit aftewards.

The writelog.ini in the system's Windows directory is a template. Its
contents are copied to your VirtualStore copy the first time WL writes
anything else to it, and the system copied is never used again
(for that username).

I did not invent this.

Wayne, W5XD