[WriteLog] WriteLog - MK II statup problem

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Fri Jul 23 08:42:41 PDT 2010

 > I'm trying to setup WriteLog V10.77H for the IOTA contest this
 > weekend.  Whenever I start WL in with my IC-7600 in USB I get
 > the error message "Failed to start recording loop.  Is the sound
 > board in use?"

This is normal with the new WriteLog audio interface.  Dismiss the
error message (it occurs because the mic input is active) and
proceed.

 > When I click the error message to close it WL starts up and the
 > radio goes into TX.  Must either shut down the radio or WL to
 > stop it.

You have a configuration mismatch between WriteLog and Router ...
Writelog is probably asserting RTS on the CAT port while you have
PTT defined on that port in Router.  You will either need to
disable PTT on the CAT port in Router or use "RTS/DTR override"
in the [RIGS] section of writelog.ini to suppress initialization
of DTR/RTS on the radio port.   See [RIGS] in the WriteLog help
file.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV

PS. It is not necessary to copy BOTH lists.  This is approrpiate
     for the WriteLog list.