[WriteLog] No PTT via Icom radio control

Don Hill AA5AU aa5au at bellsouth.net
Thu Jun 10 18:34:37 PDT 2010

I had someone ask me this and I don't know the answer.  The question was "MMTTY and other programs will key my Icom radio via radio
control but WriteLog won't, why is that?"

I have always used hardware PTT with my Icoms, so had not tried keying PTT via radio control with WriteLog in some time.  Tonight, I
set up MMTTY with the '7600 and disconnected the hardware PTT line coming out of the back of the radio.  The radio keyed when I hit
the TX button in MMTTY using radio control.

In WriteLog, in the Ports setup screen I changed Comm PTT on my '7600 to Yes and even tried Sync, but the radio will not key PTT
with ALT-K or a function key.  I was using RTTY mode at first, then tried it on CW and neither will key PTT using radio control.  It
works on my Kenwood TS-870. What's up with that?

73, Don AA5AU
http://www.aa5au.com
http://www.rttycontesting.com