[WriteLog] Numbering confusion

K2MK k2mk at comcast.net
Sun May 30 08:10:12 PDT 2010

While working the WPX, I noticed that some stations seem to have separate
number sequences on different bands. The Check Call box shows that I
received number 845 from them on 40 meters Saturday evening and I received
number 128 on 10 meters Sunday morning. This happened with several stations
and is not a case of my receiving the numbers incorrectly. I was wondering
if some logging programs restart the number sequences when changing bands.
If so, I didn't know that contest rules permitted this.

73,
Mike K2MK