[WriteLog] Receiving Spots for States/Provinces for upcoming ARRLCW SS

Gary AL9A al9a at mtaonline.net
Thu Nov 4 17:47:41 PDT 2010

Ray,

The problem with received packet spots in WL is that state or section info
is not present in the spots.  I use VE7CC's CC User cluster interface and
feed the spots from there to WL.  The VE7CC-1 cluster interface does show ST
info, but if it is passed to WL it doesn't display there.

It is very easy to setup State filters and Call alerts in CC User. I'm
thinking that as the SS progresses and I'm missing some hard to find states
I will try to set the filters to pass only the states and VE provinces I
need.  That way the spots that come into WL should be for what I'm missing.
This will only work for sections that are states.  States with multiple
sections are still a problem. If you pass spots for CA you may have to work
a lot of sections you don't need to find the one you do need.

If you know specific calls that work from a hard to snag section you could
set up a Call alarm to alert you to that call, but he may not be operating
in the needed section this year.  Again, it's a crap shoot.

73,
Gary AL9A