[WriteLog] Keying problem

Ken Widelitz widelitz at gte.net
Tue Nov 9 09:31:26 PST 2010

I had keying problems this past weekend also. I'm using the W5XD Multi-keyer
with K3/P3s.

Even without the Multi-keyer "speedpot" connected (it has been known to
cause CW speed problems) I intermittently had CW jump to about 44 - 50 WPM
and back to that speed after I reduced it. I also had CW speed go to 12 - 16
WPM a couple of times.

I've also been having problems with the Multi-keyer losing communications
with Writelog leaving me unable to toggle stereo, change radios and send F
key messages. I've had this problem for a while, even using a different
Multi-keyer and a different computer and back when I had TS-950s.

73, Ken, K6LA / VY2TT