[WriteLog] WAE RTTY QTC handling is very efficient

K2MK k2mk at comcast.net
Sat Nov 13 11:37:32 PST 2010

I've been using WriteLog for 10 plus years but have only begun using it for
RTTY in the past year. Many years ago I started using MixW for its
multi-mode capability. It's contest handling ability is sometimes a bit
difficult to understand but once you are used to its nuances it is
effective. But a few years ago I had to give up on the WAE RTTY contest due
to numerous problems with MixW's QTC handling and reporting. Now that I have
finally started to use WriteLog for RTTY I'm amazed at how efficiently the
QTCs are handled. I was very impressed at how the elements are highlighted
in the RTTY window. The preprogrammed "please repeat" messages are very well
done. And I was already familiar (from the CW and SSB WAE contests) with how
nicely the Cabrillo file is prepared. So for anybody still on the fence for
RTTY, try WriteLog RTTY, you won't be disappointed.

73,
Mike K2MK