[WriteLog] CW Decoder setup: K3, WL and MicroKeyer2?

Eric Rosenberg ericrosenberg.dc at gmail.com
Fri Nov 26 17:03:39 PST 2010

Setup: I'm using the DB-37-EL-K3R cable from the MicroKeyer2 to the rear of
the K3.

1- The CW decoder only works if WL's CW Decoder is set for Stereo (2 radios)
and displays to decoder screens, one being active, the other showing no
activity. I only have one radio!

Is this solved by reversing the rig and tip connections on the cable or can
this swap (for lack of a better description) be done in WL, K3, or MK2
software?

2- Tuning the decoder has always been pretty funky for me. The K3's PITCH is
set at 500. WLs 's decoder filters are set at 500. When tuned iin and
decoding properly, the tuned in station sits at the bottom of the decoder
window. Shouldn't it be at the hash mark in the middle of the window? Am I
doing something wrong?

Thanks!

Eric W3DQ
Washington, DC