[WriteLog] Omni VII mode problem

Gary AL9A al9a at mtaonline.net
Tue Nov 30 11:41:55 PST 2010

Roger,

Might the problem lie with the particular contest module in use at the time
rather than the Ten Tec?  Many contest modules, i.e., Sweepstakes and CQWW
for two, are mode specific.  I just tried using my CQWW CW contest module,
with my IC-7600, and cannot get the CW mode to change to the next mode up or
down by using Ctrl+F01 or Ctrl+F02.  Bands changes work with Alt+F01 or
Alt+F02, but not mode changes.  I'm not sure what would happen with a
contest module like Field Day or the Russian DX contest where you are
allowed to use various modes in the same contest.

I can change the mode to by clicking on the frequency and mode display
button just below Radio in the Entry window and then selecting a different
mode like SSB.  The radio then changes its mode.  If I manually change the
mode by using the mode buttons on the radio WL will reflect the new mode in
the frequency and mode button.  I'm not sure if this is how your Ten Tec
behaves or not.

73,
Gary AL9A