[WriteLog] help win7 and writelog

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Thu Sep 2 13:46:03 PDT 2010

Jerry,

 > Any help please. I know that Joe Subich, W4TV had a nice procedure
 > to keep users out of trouble. But I can't even find the Writelog
 > archieves online.

Wasn't me ... other than installing in D:\Ham Programs\Writelog I
have a fairly stock system.

 > But what was the trick to make the writelog.ini file available (not
 > in c:\windows\writelog.ini) and also other file locations.

I can't remember if this is the standard locations but my writelog.ini
is in: C:\Users\<current user>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Windows

I have not tried running batch files to rename ini files in that
directory or starting Writelog with a -<filename>.ini parameter
under Windows 7.  Don't know if either approach will work ...

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV