[WriteLog] Control and Sending Problems

Michael Almeter w4mja at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 11 11:07:58 PDT 2011

Hello All,    I'm curious if anyone has had a similar issue to what I'm experiencing: Last summer, I suffered an EMP, which took out the serial port in my station computer, as well as the RS232 in my FT1000MP. I repaired the FT-1000MP, and opted to use a USB to Serial adapter for the computer to accomplish rig control and CW sending. The problems: Every about 5 or 6 CW messages, the CW being sent will become distorted (ill-copyable). Hitting the ESC button seems to solve this, but it comes right back after a few CW messages. Currently I'm running WL 10.73, so I think I'm immune to the new problems with CW distortion...
Setup: FT-1000MP Writelog V 10.73Windows XP Pro HP A600Y
73,

Mike

W4MJA