[WriteLog] soliciting testers for WriteLog's WinKey CW support

W. Wright, W5XD w5xd at writelog.com
Sat Apr 16 11:08:19 PDT 2011

To: those that are experiencing problems with the CW transmitted
when WriteLog's Setup/Ports menu has "CW keyer type" set to
"K1EL Winkey" or "K1EL Winkeyer2", and are using WriteLog version
10.82 or later.

There is a beta version of WriteLog available for download here:
	http://www.writelog.com/Downloads/wl1085bmsiupg.exe

This version has almost nothing of interest if you don't fit the
description above.

Note to the usual WL beta testers: I am taking the very unusual
step of posting this beta publically rather than to the private
beta group because it appears that almost everyone having the
problem is not a beta tester, and I need more data.

I request that if you are having problems with CW transmitted
using WinKey from WriteLog that you do the following:
1. Download the above.
2. With WriteLog not running, run the downloaded file.
3. Edit your WRITELOG.INI in this way:
a) Find the string [WinKey] (match any case).
b) if you don't have such a string, then, at the bottom
of the file, create a new line [WinKey]
c) Below the [WinKey] line, add this line:
LogFilePath="c:\temp\WinKey.log"
Change the "c:\temp\" to some other directory on your system
that you are willing to let WriteLog write a log file.
4. Now run WriteLog.
5. Make some CW. Please make a note of what is wrong with
the CW you hear! (This bit of information WL cannot automatically
write into the log file).
6. Exit WriteLog.
7. Email me a copy of:
a) the log file you created in step 3c