[WriteLog] Fw: WL + TARA Grid Dip Shindig?

Gary AL9A al9a at mtaonline.net
Fri Aug 5 20:23:56 PDT 2011

I used the HF GRID LOCATION CONTEST module for a few contacts before the CME
hit with a vengeance and the bands went dead.  As noted below this module is
apparently designed for SSB and CW contests as RittyRite has some problems
with populating the entry window fields.  Using Insert for a highlighted
works ok as does clicking on a call that is not highlighted.  What doesn't
work is clicking on the grid number or name.  If you click on anything else
it goes into the Call field and overwrites the call that was just placed
there!  Very annoying to say the least.

The only way to enter the name and grid fields is to type them by hand,
which brings up another annoying fact in using this module.  The Entry
window fields are laid out as Call, Grid, Name.  The received reports are
sent as Call, Name, Grid so you must wait for the grid number to print then
type it in fast and space to the Name field and type that in as well.  Too
bad the field order can't be easily reversed.  It also seems like RittyRite
has a problem with the color for dupes.  It rarely colors a dupe red, or any
call any color for that matter.  Once entered into the Call field WL does
show it as a dupe, but it would be nice if it worked in RittyRite too.
Considering the CME situation there probably won't be many more to put in
the log anyway!

73,
Gary AL9A