[WriteLog] Setup question

Martin A Flynn maflynn at theflynn.org
Sun Aug 14 13:55:08 PDT 2011

Hi Folks,
Our club is considering a networked installation of WriteLog at our
facility in New Jersey.   Here's the question:   Our server is inside
the firewall.  The web site states the server "that must be installed on
the internet".  Does the server actually need internet access, and if so
on what ports and where is it connecting to? (IP or FQDN?

  * The server is an HP DL380 G3 (3.2GHz Intel Xeon processor, 6GB Ram,
    SBS 2011SE).
  * The desktop machines are IBM M55 (Pentium 4 desktops , 4GB ram,  XP/SP3
  * Building backbone is 100MB (wiring is 1GB, however edge router is
    10/100)

73 Martin
W2RWJ