[WriteLog] USB signal link ICOM 718

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Wed Aug 17 05:59:51 PDT 2011

 > It works on ham radio deluxe and he says that it works on MMTTY.

If it works in MMTTY it should work the very same way in WriteLog.
SignaLink USB is a "dumb" sound card - it does not have a serial
port interface so it can't do FSK.  WriteLog's RTTY serial port
(RTTYrite -> Ports) should be set to none and the sound card in
the MMTTY plug-in should be set to the SignaLink (USB Audio CODEC).

 > He doesn’t have and comports so a recommendation of a working USB
 > to serial would also be appreciated.

Nearly any USB to serial port based on the FTDI chipset works fine.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV