[WriteLog] ARRL 10m Contest

Don AA5AU aa5au at bellsouth.net
Fri Dec 2 12:35:26 PST 2011

Not related to this post, but if you own a copy of DXbase (and possible others will do it, like DXKeeper), you can import an ADIF file from a previous year contest, then filter the log so only USA, VE and XE calls are in the log, then export back out to ADIF and use that file for your pre-fill.  With DXbase, you have to do three files - one for USA, one for Canada, and one for Mexican calls.  You then merge the three ADIF files using copy and paste.  I've been doing this for years for other contest pre-fill files.

I actually wrote a tutorial six years ago on how to do this using DXbase.  It is located here:

http://rttycontesting.com/presetexchange.html

73, Don AA5AU