[WriteLog] USB/Serial Cable CW sending

Michael Almeter w4mja at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 11 06:28:10 PST 2011

Hello Folks,   In July of 2010, I suffered an EMP, and thus lost the serial port on my station computer as well as CAT control on my FT-1000MP. I've already repaired my FT-1000MP. While I'm locating the exact replacement motherboard to repair my station computer, I'm curious if anyone has ever used a USB to Serial adaptor to maintain and control Writelog's functions as well as keep the CW sending ability? Currently I use a K1NU "Writelog cable", and am very pleased with it.

Thanks for the help,
Mike Almeter

W4MJA