[WriteLog] Bandmap Issue

Gary AL9A al9a at mtaonline.net
Sun Jan 9 22:08:08 PST 2011

I've experienced the same condition with both my old IC-756PRO and its
replacement, a IC-7600.  I don't know the cause, but I think the problem
became more pronounced or frequent after adding my microKEYER II to station
setup.  There is a lot of communication going on between WL, the radio, the
amp, and the microKEYER II and I suspect there are some data collisions or
data mishandling somewhere along the line that is causing the band map to
flake out from time to time.  It's never crashed the system and after a
second it returns to normal operation so I haven't been particularly
motivated to run the trap line to see if I could isolate the source.

73,
Gary AL9A