[WriteLog] CW Messages Win 7 64 Bit

Gerald Wilson gtwilson at k7vit.com
Wed Jan 26 17:13:03 PST 2011

Hi Tom K4XG and all,

I saw your earlier message and unfortunately I do not have an immediate
answer/fix for your problem.  Indeed, I may not have caught all your
information about your problem.

I looked at your 2 e-mails and for any of your previous postings.
Perhaps you could include more information about your setup (i.e.
equipment, interface and software) which might allow some of the real
WriteLog "hot-shoes" to give you some technical assistance.

The only constructive comments/encouragement which I can make is as
follows:    I had a problem of skipped CW characters at one point with
my ICOM 756 Pro2, MicroHam interface, and WriteLog operating on a
Windows XP-Pro PC.  As I recall, the problem was correctly diagnosed by
Joe Subich W4TV.   Because of the way that my XCVR handles
rig-to-computer communications, there were data collisions occurring and
my rig was missing instructions thereby dropping CW characters.   Joe
suggested a setting change in MicroHam Router (software) or maybe a
WriteLog setting, and the problem was cured.  (I forget exactly which
setting.)

I encourage you to provide a some more detail if you have not yet solved
the problem.  I am confident that some of the folks here will be able to
give you helpful and constructive guidance.

73,

Jerry   K7VIT

*PS*   If you've already conquered this gremlin, go ahead and post the
solution so you can help others in a similar situation.