[WriteLog] Bandmap Issue

Gary AL9A al9a at mtaonline.net
Thu Jan 27 21:37:12 PST 2011

Revisiting this problem after other issues have settled down.  I just
lowered my baud rate down from 19200 to 9600 to see if it would help reduce
or eliminate the bandmap from jumping around when tuning with the VFO.
Things seem to have improved at the lower baud rate - the bandmap no longer
jumps to some weird frequency when I tune and if I click on a spot in the
bandmap the radio QSY's to that frequency and stays there instead of jumping
back to the original frequency as it was doing.

However, I now have a new problem.  When I type a new frequency in the Call
field and hit Enter to QSY the radio nothing happens.  The radio will not
change to a new frequency on the current band nor will it QSY to a new band.
If I hit the "-" key to bring up the split window and type in a spit
frequency the radio (a IC-7600) will enter split mode and set the TX VFO to
the transmit frequency.  When I hit the "-" key again to open the split
window and just hit Enter on the empty window split mode on the radio is
cancelled and I'm back on simplex.  If I manually change the band with the
radio band switch buttons WL pauses for a second and then follows along and
the box by the Enter field shows the correct frequency and mode.  Obviously
there is communication between the WL and the radio except for Call field
entry of a new frequency.  I'm at a loss to fix it.  I just downloaded
V10.83E, but doubt that is the problem.  Anyone with an idea?

73,
Gary AL9A