[WriteLog] Dream Shack PC

John Huggins john at johnhuggins.com
Fri Jan 28 10:11:50 PST 2011

All,

So my 2005 vintage Dell Home PC just went south.  Hard drive is gone.
Backups are there and I could simply rebuild this PC with a new hard
drive.  However, this may be an opportunity to step up a little.

So...

If I currently do simple single radio contesting with Writelog and desire
to move to SO2R later, and if I wanted to buy a factory fresh new computer
to support this, what kind, make, shape, etc. computer do you suggest?

WinXP/7?
Home/Pro?
32/64 bit?
Built-in Sound Card or something more exotic?

I am partial to Dells, but that is not set in stone.

Thanks for the tips.

John, kx4o