[WriteLog] How often during a typical contest weekend do you have to restart WriteLog?

W. Wright, W5XD w5xd at writelog.com
Mon Jul 11 20:40:26 PDT 2011

I would like to estimate a number for how much users are forced to restart
WriteLog in a typical operation. Can you offer a statistic for this metric
for your own operations:

	the average number of hours between forced restarts of WriteLog

The word "forced" means that you didn't want to restart, but you could not
continue otherwise. I don't really want 2nd hand info--please don't guess
someone else's number. If you voluntarily shut down for breaks, that doesn't
count. For the purpose of this exercise, the highest possible number is
48--the maximum number of operating hours in most contests.

It has occured to me, for example, that WriteLog's journalling is so
reliable and efficient that crashes happen all the time and it recovers so
fast that nobody bothers to report crashes and hangs.

Thanks for any comments.
Wayne, W5XD