[WriteLog] How often during a typical contest weekend do you have to restart WriteLog?

Mike VE3YF Mike at ve3yf.com
Wed Jul 13 02:54:01 PDT 2011

Hi:

I had to check back into the logs to see when I started using
Writelog. It was 2003 and I honestly can't remember when I had to do
a restart because of a Writelog problem. It has been totally very
reliable. This is for all modes (CW, SSB and RTTY). I have been using
XP and Vista with no issue's. However I do get the server error once
in a while when starting up, but
just click either retry or ignore and all is ok. Also I only use the
software for contests and once I start it up, I don't shut it down
till the end of the contest, also start Writelog approx 6hrs
in advance of a contest just to make sure all is ok. Just as a side
note since I don't use the Internet etc during contests, the only
programs running are Writelog, Microham Router and MMTTY, as the
Antivirus etc are all shut down to prevent any hiccups.

Just my thoughts,...But totally satisfied.....

73 De Mike
VE3YF

http://www.ve3yf.com/