[WriteLog] LOTW Trouble with Signing a QSO Cabrillo file

Jim Reisert AD1C jjreisert at alum.mit.edu
Wed Jun 8 18:35:49 PDT 2011

KC4HW wrote:

> The error in TQSL is
>
>> Cabrillo unknown CONTEST: AL QSO Party
>
> Saved the .wl as a ADI file and TQSL signed it with no problem.

Every time this comes up, I always say the same thing.  Export ADIF
and sign it.  Don't use Cabrillo.

- Cabrillo is for sending contest QSO data to the contest sponsor

- ADIF stands for "Amateur Data Interchange Format".  Uploading to
LoTW is *exactly* the kind of thing that ADIF was designed for.

Just because TQSL allows you to sign and upload (some) Cabrillo files
doesn't mean that's the best way to do it.  Just because you can use a
pair of scissors to open a beer bottle doesn't mean that's the best
way to do it.

73 - Jim AD1C

--
Jim Reisert AD1C, <jjreisert at alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us