[WriteLog] PSK & Writelog Problem.

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Tue Jun 28 22:41:15 PDT 2011

> The problem we are experiencing is in the keying of the radio for TX
>  mode. My perception is that the Writelog interface uses the CAT
> interface for the reading and setting of Freq / Band, but it will
> not send the command to key the radio into TX. I tried through
> RTTYRite, but nothing seems to do the trick. It does appear in the
> port setup you can configure Writelog to use CW TX keying for all
> modes, but that does not seem to do the trick.

The "All mode PTT on RTS" setting works just fine as does "Comm PTT"
if your transceiver supports PTT via CAT command (not all do).  In
general if your interface includes a Winkey device for CW, setting
the WriteLog CW Keyer type to "K1EL WinKey" or "K1EL WinKeyer 2" will
cause WriteLog to send the WinKey "Set PTT" command for transmit in
SSB (DVK), or AFSK/PSK31 modes when "Sound Board AFSK" or "Stereo Sound
Board AFSK" is selected in RTTYrite.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV