[WriteLog] Voice messages being recorded in wrong folder

Rick Tavan N6XI rtavan at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 18:40:16 PST 2011

Back in the Pleistocene, I routinely used Record-on-the-fly without
difficulty - Shift-Fn to record, Fn to play back. I haven't used SSB for a
while. Now, it rarely works. I set Setup | Ports | Wave File Locate to an
appropriate directory and it sends messages from that folder. But when I
record, it records in a random location that sometimes I can find by
exploring and checking date stamps but rarely will it record in the Wave
File Locate-specified directory. I have deleted all the Shift-Fn keyboard
shortcuts that magically appeared some time ago, so they're no longer being
mapped. Why doesn't Shift-Fn always record in the designated directory? Why
does it sometimes do it correctly for one and only one key?

Problem observed with 10.83E. Upgraded to 10.84, no change. Using Win XP Pro
Sp2 on a Lenovo T61p.

/Rick

--
Rick Tavan N6XI