[WriteLog] Mystery malady

Pete Smith n4zr at contesting.com
Thu Mar 31 12:29:19 PDT 2011

While writing my CTU presentation with a number of programs open on my
Windows XP/SP3 machine with 2 GB of RAM, including Writelog 10.84 and
the Writelog Telnet Terminal, I have encountered a number of mysterious
crashes.  The symptoms mimic a 100 percent CPU load, with the cursor
freezing and then moving very occasionally, but my resource metering
does not show a slammed CPU, or indeed any issue with paging or RAM.  I
have never had this happen when the 2 Writelog programs are not open.

Has anyone else encountered something similar?

--
73, Pete N4ZR

The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com