[WriteLog] Spot enhancement

Gary AL9A al9a at mtaonline.net
Mon May 2 16:42:35 PDT 2011

If someone knows of a way to do this in WL please let me know what it is.
If not, I would like to request a future change to the way WL handles the
sending of spots.

When I hit Ctrl-R the spot window opens and shows all the info for the spot
I want to send, including the ability to type in any additional comments I
may want to make.  When contesting. I would like to add a short reference
that would apply to all spots to include the contest name, i.e. WW, WPX,
BARTG, etc., without having to type it in for each spot that I send.
Perhaps this could be a pre-contest Parameter that could be filled out and
then pasted into the spot window when it opens?  I think this would help
both contesters and non-contesters alike.  If a non-contester sees such a
notation in the spot he would be aware of the fact that the spotted station
is in a contest and there will be an expected exchange format when he calls.
This will help the contest station a lot by less wasted time trying to get
the non-contester to provide the necessary exchange info.

73,
Gary AL9A