[WriteLog] Bandmap colors are not updated for other spots when a new mult is worked‏

Mike Heideman mike_heideman at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 5 01:18:53 PDT 2011

I observed this behavior in WriteLog 10.88 and have seen it in several contests over the last several months.

If the bandmap on one band contains several entries that represent the same multiplier then working a station representing this multiplier does not change the color of the other spots on the band in the same multiplier.  The color of these other spots in the just-worked mult does not change until each is refreshed by either being spotted again or by being locally spotted, such as by clicking on a spot and typing a space character.

In CQWW SSB we were Multi-Single and mostly using the Packet Spots window in a Mults-only mode to find new mults on the mult station.  Sometimes we'd notice what appeared to be a new mult in the bandmap and would click on that instead.  A couple of times I called stations that looked like mults in the bandmap but they were not because we had recently worked that mult.  Either the new station or the original station worked for that mult had a prefix that I did not recognize.

This is a bug that was introduced in some recent version of WriteLog as I don't remember seeing it before.  It would be nice if this could be fixed before CQWW CW as it makes it difficult for the mult station in a multi-single effort to distinguish stations that are needed mults from those in countries or zones that were recently worked for the first time.

-Mike, N7MH