[WriteLog] More 10-Meter RTTY questions

Don Hill AA5AU aa5au at bellsouth.net
Tue Nov 29 18:01:25 PST 2011

Something you can do, if you are using the MMTTY plug-in for WriteLog, is to send multiple messages together without dropping your
carrier (even if there is %E at the end of the message).

For example, I have two messages with my callsign - F5 and F7.

F5 = %RAA5AU AA5AU %E
F7 = AA5AU %E

When S&P, I normally use F5 to call a station.  If I feel I need to send my call more than twice, I can hit F5, then F7 to send it
three times, or F5 then F7 twice to send it four times, etc.  I also do this while DXing as I also use WriteLog as my everyday RTTY
program.

I don't think this works with an external TU.  I remember it not working with a PK232, but not sure about a DXP-38.  On a PK-232,
the first time a %E is found in a message, the carrier would drop.  This doesn't happen when using the MMTTY plug-in for WriteLog.
I don't know if this helps you or not.

73, Don AA5AU
http://www.aa5au.com
http://www.rttycontesting.com