[WriteLog] Great Circle question

s-roabr@online.no s-roabr at online.no
Sun Sep 4 09:51:22 PDT 2011

This is for beamheadings.

sent by HTC
LA6FJA K3RAG Stein Roar Brobakken

----- Reply message -----
Fra: Georgek5kg at aol.com
Dato: søn., sep. 4, 2011 18:29
Emne: [WriteLog] Great Circle question
Til: <writelog at contesting.com>, <scot at k9jy.com>

My question is about the "GreatCir Control Properties" window in the Setup
menu.  What exactly is this window for?  I see that I can set  Lat/Long,
Layout, Colors and Fonts, but for what purpose?  Nowhere do I  find a Great
Circle Map that these properties would pertain to.

In the WL documentation for "Setup Great Circle", it says: 'Set your
station lat and long for bearing calculations.  Also set the color and  units of
the display."  What display is this referring to?

Also in the documentation, I see a reference to a GreatCircle.ini  file.  I
do not have a GreatCircle.ini file.  I am understanding that  the CreatCir
Control Properties window has something to do with having this  ini file.

Can someone please fill in the blanks for me?

Tnx, George

George  Wagner, K5KG
941-400-1960 cell