[WriteLog] Rittyrite cloned window

Gary AL9A al9a at mtaonline.net
Sun Apr 8 12:59:37 PDT 2012

Made an interesting discovery this weekend in the EA RTTY Contest...

For the last several months, since discovering the Rittyrite clone feature
available in WL, I've been using a cloned window to run a second MMTTY
profile.  This has worked great for difficult copy situations, but I was
disappointed by the inability to click on a call or exchange in the clone
Rittyrite window and have it paste in the Entry window fields.  This meant
if the cloned window profile was able to decode a marginal signal I had to
manually type the call and exchange info instead of just clicking on the
data.  Last night I finally figured out my problem.

I run a laptop computer as my station PC and have a second wide screen
monitor attached for an extended desktop.  This works great to have more WL
windows open as well as my CC User cluster interface.  When I open a clone
Rittyrite window the clone window shows up on the extended desktop monitor,
while a second MMTTY control panel directly overlays the already open MMTTY
control panel on the laptop.  I then click and drag the second MMTTY control
panel from the laptop screen onto the extended desktop screen alongside the
clone Rittyrite window and operate that way.

Last night, after the clone decoded a marginal signal that I had to hand
type into the Entry window, I tried an experiment.  I rearranged the WL
windows so that both Rittyrite windows were side by side on the laptop
screen and both MMTTY control panel screens were side by side on the
extended desktop monitor.  TaDa!!!  All of a sudden calls and exchanges
decoded in the clone Rittyrite window could be clicked on and pasted
directly into the Entry window just as can be done with the normal Rittyrite
window!  I have no idea why the clone window works this way.  Apparently the
communication between Rittyrite windows and the Entry window doesn't span
across desktops?  I also tried switching the Rittyrite windows - putting the
main one on the extended monitor and the clone on the laptop monitor.  In
this situation the clone Rittyrite pastes into the Entry window, but the
main Rittyrite window on the second monitor now will not paste into the
Entry window.  Given the limited real estate on a single main monitor with
the log and band map open you would think a Rittyrite window would operate
normally from the second monitor too, but apparently this is not the case.

I don't think there is an ini file parameter that would change this
behavior, but if anyone knows of one please let me know.

73,
Gary AL9A