[WriteLog] Cabrillo Creation for ARRL 10M Contest -- DX Side

al9a al9a at mtaonline.net
Mon Dec 24 19:31:37 EST 2012

Scott,

I believe you have to make a change to your writelog.ini file to establish
that you are operating as a DX station.  I believe the section below from
the Help manual covers your circumstance.

Setting your DXCC country
The point value and multipliers are calculated assuming your station is
located in the DXCC country indicated by an entry in WRITELOG.INI, You can
modify the CALLPREFIX line in the [Multipliers] section in WRITELOG.INI in
your Windows directory (normally c:\windows). The value must be the prefix
of the country of operation, all upper case. If the prefix by itself does
not determine the country of operation, then also add a PREFIX_XTRA value
which is the letter that you would enter in the C field (see previous
section) to specify which country. For example, if you are operating as
CE0DX from Easter Island, you would modify (or add) a section to
WRITELOG.INI that looked like this:

[Multipliers]
CALLPREFIX=CE0
PREFIX_XTRA=E

WriteLog automatically sets this INI entry using your callsign when you
install the software. But if you are on a Dxpedition you will want to change
the INI entry manually.

73,
Gary AL9A