[WriteLog] FTdx5000 keying setup question

Mike Seguin N1JEZ n1jez at burlingtontelecom.net
Sun Dec 30 13:23:51 EST 2012

Hi Bruce,

You should be able to do it with just one serial port.

I use an old Thinkpad Laptop with a real serial port. My rig (mainly 6M) is
an FT-920. I use a Rigblaster with a slight modification.

Radio control is via TX/RX and GND
DTR line is CW sending - as defined by "PC Generates" in the setup ports
screen
RTS is PTT as also defined in the setup ports screen (all mode PTTon RTS)
and CW PTT.... (On LPT pin 16/COMM RTS)

Inside the Rigblaster, I isolated the DTR line through an opto coupler and
feed that to the Key In on the FT-920.

Works fine. Also with the setup, I just shut down Writelog and open WSJT for
FSK441 on 6M.

73,
Mike, N1JEZ
"A closed mouth gathers no feet"